Canada Water Library is a new build educational and community focussed building. This £14 million development forms part of the regeneration of the Canada Water area in London. The library itself is an inverted pyramidal design with raking columns supporting an intricate array of steel roof trusses.
We were employed by the steelwork fabricators, Coventry Construction, to design the main steelwork connections within the roof structure and column base plates.
- Design of the main raking CHS column base plates
- Design and detail of the primary roof truss to column connections
- Design of steelwork to concrete core connections
- Design of internal truss lacing and splice connections
- Attendance at site meetings
- Modifications to original connection configuration to suit fabrication and erection sequencing
- Calculations & detailed drawings for individual connections
- Advice on temporary works and propping to the structure during erection