Jacobean House is a Grade II* 17th century landmark building in the centre of Derby.
We were approached by the builder to provide structural consultancy services during the renovation and refurbishment of this property from an office to a bar and restaurant.
We provided services on an ad hoc basis as elements of the structure became exposed or were of concern to the builder and Local Authority. This often meant being on site within a few hours and providing a prompt workable solution to avoid delays in the tight build programme.
- To attend site as required during the refurbishment
- Assessment of existing elements of structure particularly the first floors
- Design and detail all structural works
- Detail new below ground drainage
- Design and detail new external fire escape routes
- Survey of existing structure as it became exposed
- Structural calculations to determine SWL capacity of existing timber first floors
- Design and detail of discreet strengthening solutions to the floors
- Work closely with Conservation Officers